Friday, September 27, 2013

Welcome Elizabeth DeSanto



Elizabeth DeSanto is WYN’s newest employee. Director of Development, Faith Motter, sat down with Elizabeth and asked a few questions.

Faith: What is your title at WYN?
Elizabeth: Mentor Program Assistant

Faith: What are some of the things that you will be doing as the Mentor Program Assistant?

Elizabeth: Doing whatever Angela [Director of Mentoring] tells me to do. But, more specifically, I will screen and train volunteer mentors. I will conduct home visits with mentees' families to make sure that they're clear on the program, and so that we can build relationships. I will do mentor match ups, provide ongoing support for mentors, and assist with recruiting volunteer mentors. I will also do general reporting and follow up.

Faith: What attracted you to this position?

Elizabeth: I’m graduating in December with a master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health counseling. I like WYN because of the focus on empowerment, prevention, and advocacy. I also have a heart for working with children and youth.

Faith: Where are you from?

Elizabeth: Louisville, Kentucky. The correct pronunciation is “Loughvul.”

Faith: What brought you to Boone?

Elizabeth: I came to Boone because of the Expressive Arts Therapy program at ASU. The program uses different modalities of art as therapeutic tools, such as painting, writing, music, and dance.

Faith: Anything else that you want people to know about you?

Elizabeth: I have two chickens.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment